Wednesday 12 October 2011

Feeling like a little Pioneer


“A pioneer is not someone who makes her own soap. She is one who takes up her burdens and walks toward the future.”
~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich




This weekend was really great. I mean, it was extremely busy; but it was really great.

I may not be an amazing cook or have the patience to bake, but I LOVE pretending to be a little pioneer; who lives in a small cabin in the middle of the woods jarring preserves to survive. What?

No, seriously. I had so much fun cutting up tons of apples and waiting forever for them to turn into something ouber healthy and delicious. Not a lot of ingredients in these sorts of recipes but a lot of time that needs to be set aside to accomplish the yummy, rewarding outcome.

This week has been insanely busy at work, so I am somewhat slacking on the blog posts. I am overtired, overworked and overnotreadingenough! I apologize for my slackassness; but sometimes I’ve just got to take it easy! Though some of you had a nice relaxing long weekend, [not that mine wasn’t relaxing, well…no it wasn’t. It was fun though] I had to squeeze in work with all the fun stuff; so that definitely sucked the life out of me and I am suffering this week because of it.  I might not even be making sense right now.

I also discovered this weekend that I quite enjoy blogging with pictures. It was fun to document my apple butter process. It’s exciting to get to share with you guys the stuff I run into –like Mom’s coffee find at Winner’s. Seriously, that shit is getting me through the week!

So, here’s a HELLO from ME to YOU. This little Pioneer is hitting up the Bathtub!!

Nighty Night!





Quote Note: I’m both - the pioneer who’s making her own soap and working to be the pioneer who’s walking toward her future coffee shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment