Tuesday 4 October 2011

Long winded on a Tuesday

“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.”
~ Bertrand Russell

There I was last night, all motivated to get my run on and now I'm like....eeek.....I have 54 days to prepare myself for this. Is that enough time? If I run at least 3 times a week, that is only 24 runs; am I going to be able to do this? Sure! It's only 5 k, no biggie. BUT - I haven't had a good run since June. I took too much time off, I slacked off big time, I had too many [1 scoop cotton candy, 1 scoop turtle tracks] ice-cream cones this summer and that is sure to weigh me down! No, no, I can do this! I have an amazing support system; I have a super stellar sister-in-law that's doing it with me. I have the memories of how good it feels after each run and the pride in myself that I feel after I accomplish a long run! I can do this!
There it is - totally unedited - that was my brain this morning; full of yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no?! [Picture Chris Kattan, from the movie, Corky Romano here]. The thing is, I knew that if I paid the fees and registered for the run, I would have to make the commitment to do it. There is no turning back now. I have to!
The nice fall weather will be awesome to run in!! And it's just one more reason for me to get out and enjoy the fall weather on a regular basis. Plus, I'll be all in shape and feeling wonderful come December! I'm not always the little bubble of life that everyone thinks I am once the cold, dreary weather hits, so this will get me geared up and prepared for the winter. I'll be going into it feeling fit and great, which will hopefully trigger some 'let's keep this good stuff going' thoughts and help me to work hard to keep up with working out during the cold winter months.
It's funny how must of us understand ourselves and our bodies enough to know what's good for us, to know what we need to do to keep our body and minds feeling good. It's also very interesting how although we are very aware, we still let go, neglecting ourselves and our goals; only to fall into a slump where we get mad and regret the choices we should have made but didn’t. That's me! I have a bad habit of doing that to myself and I need to kick it!
Yesterdays post title got me thinking about motivation --- what does and doesn’t motivate me? 
Given all the super cool things in this world and in my life, I should have a ton of reasons to be motivated!
Things that motivate me:
  • ·      Making a commitment and having to stick to it - having paid hard earned money to 'be able' to participate does the trick!
  • ·      Sunshine or crisp fall air - weather that makes me want to get outside and exercise or just enjoy the great outdoors!

  • ·      Rain - this kind of weather keeps me inside, able to accomplish things like cleaning out closets, organizing cupboards, getting some work done in the basement, whipping up some comfort food. Stuff like that.

  • ·      Weddings - gotta look good in those pictures!

  • ·      Being angry/frustrated/fed up - I clean sooooo fast when I feel this way. [To note: I am aware that this is not positive behavior; but, it's true]

  • ·      Doing something that I know for sure is going to make someone else's day. [That’s a really great type of motivation] 

  • ·      The fact that someday I am going to run my own adorable coffee shop.
  • ·      Last but not least – The quote above is so true!!! I'll go a little bit farther with it though because once I started keeping track of the number of books I was reading each year, I pushed myself even harder to keep it up. [Except now it’s kind of gotten out of hand. I am on my 32nd book this year and I’ll admit- I don’t really have time for that! I’ll also admit that because of that, I spend way too much time in the tub and not enough time with my hunny! Hee Hee!]



What motivates you? Take some time to think about this question and I bet you'll feel a whole hell of a lot more motivated!

***********************************************************************





One more thing—

I didn’t mention this yesterday, but I had a really great weekend with my hubby, friends and family! 
Above is a picture of us at Corn Hill Nursery in Corn Hill, NB.  We decided to go on a Saturday morning adventure for brunch instead of the Market this week. If you’ve never been, you should go! They have a great little café and it’s just a really lovely place!

More pictures below! 




A Cedar cafe Picture


Another one. Lovely eh? 

Got to see how apple juice was made


Little Beaner even got to come along for the ride!
Here she is,  chilling with her Auntie in the backseat.


Happy 25th!!!!!! xoxox


We also celebrated one of my wonderful lady friends 25th Birthday over the weekend! It was definitely a night to remember! There was a limo ride included in this evening; so, if you can only imagine how fun that must have been! It was!!!! Happy Quarter Century Girly!!!


Tomorrow's HUMP day!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Wooo! I like that you put the Night Circus into your 'Loving as of late' list :) And we will kick the shit out of that 5k race! I love your new layout too! :P

    ReplyDelete