“That is my problem with life, I rush through it, like I'm being chased. Even things whose whole point is slowness, like drinking relaxing tea. When I drink relaxing tea I suck it down as if I'm in a contest for who can drink relaxing tea the quickest.”
I bet you were worried for a minute weren't you? Don't worry! My posts aren't going anywhere!
I have decided that I ought to take a tiny break from reading. Well, not necessarily a break, I'm going to slow it down a bit. I just started this really great book, The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern and it's excellent, but I also have to have The Lantern, by Deborah Lawrenson, read in time for my next RBTW meeting and I also have a million and one FUN FALL THINGS to accomplish this month. So.....taking a break from the books until at least the 20th of October. I am totally ok with this because it's time to knit! It’s time to make pie and get out the crock pot!
I love lists and I have decided that listing is going to become part of my blog. It seems as though I have a list in my post every couple of days so you might as well get used to it!
This is what I have planned for the Fall!
- · Knitting - My sister in law and I are partaking in the Botsford Christmas Bazaar; so I have a TON of adorable laced/knitted bookmarks to get cracking on! I made 1 last night! 4 finished in total, 96 more to go!
- · Apple picking
- · Apple butter making
- · I would also like to try making Pumpkin butter -- hello YUMMO!
- · PUMPKIN CARVING
- · Thanksgiving Dinner! - aka: TURKEY eatin’ time!
- · Halloween costume making
- · The hubby and I are throwing around the idea of hosting a Halloween party -if we do, I intend on taking full advantage of our empty basement space and look forward to setting up some super fun games -ex: Bobbing for apples!
- · Running in the cool crisp fall air!
- · Taking long walks with my hunny and Beaner!
- · Squeezing in one last Hike at Fundy!
- · Celebrating a few more Birthdays!
- · Lots of Pumpkin Spice latte drinking!
Speaking of Pumpkin Spice, my hunny and I are headed to Starbucks in a bit for just that kind of latte! Happy Wednesday!!!!
|Apple Butter from Corn Hill. I need to make my own! Love it!|