Thursday 6 October 2011

Being a Maid Of Honour












“Why did you do all this for me?" he asked. "I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.' 
You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.”
~ E.B White, Charlottes Web



I think someone found her Wedding Dress tonight!!

I’ve been there, done that. I’ve experienced that moment- my eyes welled up, I felt butterflies in my stomach and my whole entire self knew it was the one. It was the most calming, blissful and exciting moment of the wedding planning process. Once I had the Dress, I knew that everything else would fall into place. It’s something that until you actually experience as a bride, you can’t fully understand.

To stand by and witness my best friend feel that, is an entirely different thing. It was such a cool moment to realize that, oh wait a second, what’s going on here? Why is she being so awkward right now? Why is she looking away from me? Wait….umm…are those tears!!! What’s happening? Is this it? Is this the one? She cried, I cried, her Mother-in-law to be cried.


I am so, so, so glad I was there with her for that moment.

Love you M. 



[and it's not one of these ones! ]


No comments:

Post a Comment