Monday 5 March 2012

Lots of Love in my knits...



“I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, 'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask, 'How much love did you put into what you did?”





I think I may have Found a little something out about Natasha....we might be on our way to Finding Me….

I have always been a knitter. My Grammy Carson taught me when I was young, the Garter stitch and I have always been the best of friends. I find it so therapeutic to sit and knit. It's meditative and the finished product is always a treat! BUT..now...I'm pushing myself to learn, to try to create and design on my own, and I am really enjoying it! I want to do something with this passion that I have.....

There are a whole pile of knitters out there - young, old, busy moms, single ladies, men and kids; and the greatest thing with knitters is that we're all willing to help each other out. There are so many online resources to help you get unstuck with a stitch or any new-to-you technique; there are a ton a knitting blogs with so many beautiful patterns and inspirational knitters, that it makes it easy to find an answer somewhere! It's just great! It just gives me so much motivation to create, create, create!

Creative energy is an amazing thing! It's the best kind of energy for me! It keeps me awake at night and gets me up bright and early in the morning. I am always so excited when it’s time to get started on a new project, to see how it's knits up, to hold the finished piece up and think...I made that! A ball of yarn, a pair of knitting needles and my own two hands -Amazing! My hands are tingling with excitement just thinking about it and I wish I was home now, sitting with a cup of tea, needles clicking, mind at ease.


I started this past weekend off [Friday afternoon at 3pm!] with a trip to Cricket Cove to purchase my new set of Knitter's Pride Dreamz Interchangeable  Circular Needles! A couple of months back, one of the girls at Cricket Cove Knit Night showed us all her new set, and I have not been able to stop thinking about them since! Finally!!! They're mine!! 9 sizes, 4 different sized cables, the needs are made of birch wood and each stained a different color. They are amazing! I also bought 9 balls of SIRDAR Snuggly Baby Bamboo yarn! It's sooo soft, so pink and so lovely. It glides right off my needles! I thought this baby blanket project was going to be tricky; however, it's been a breeze! The pattern is fool proof and it knits up quite quickly. I actually had to walk away from it a couple of times yesterday because I want to take my time and enjoy the process; I don't want it to be over by Friday!

I set my self up with a dedicated Knitting Room in the house, this weekend as well. I finally have my own space to organize my projects and knit in peace. I am sure my hubby will appreciate the lack of knitting articles and accessories scattered about all over our house, and the extra space that's now available on the kitchen table. While I was setting up, I took the time to look through the dozen or
so knitting books that I have acquired over the years. I came across one book in particular that I have had forever, but haven't really taken the time to read. It's called Compassionate Knitting: Finding Basic Goodness in the Work of Our Hands by Tara Jon Manning. I didn't think I was the only one that used my knitting as a meditative technique, as a tool for contemplation, but I had no idea it was actually a thing. The book really only has about 5 pages of ideas regarding this, an intro, I'd call it- but those 5 pages are jam-packed. The book is made up of 20 patterns aiming to assist you in benefiting personally from the creation….. to take the time to be in the moment of your stitches, to be mindful of what you are creating, to leave snippets of your self within the pattern.

All crafters find their craft calming; but for me, there is something special about the repetition and the easy glide of yarn between 2 needles in knitting that really soothes my soul.

Pics below :)

Happy Monday! Enjoy your week!!

Oh--and I finished the Hunger Games Trilogy. Oh man. Soooo good. 






New Needles - DREAMZ


My Knitting Space




BabyBamboo and Dreamz


Work in progress 

2 comments:

  1. hi! I just found your blog and I loved to read about your passion for knitting. I have a love for knitting as well it is an amazing craft. I really like your blog!

    Lisa
    www.needlesandwool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million Lisa! I'll have to check yours out! Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete