Tuesday 13 September 2011

Bad days, good days, all the in-between days…

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
     Marilyn Monroe


I could spend hours and hours surfing the net reading quotes. I love how quotes let you take so much from a mere statement that someone else happened to say. Each night when I finally sit down to let loose and blog my day away, I open my selected favorites and pick one that helps me to express how I am feeling that day. 

Today was one of those very blah/shitty days. I am still trying to fight off this cold and it’s still trying to decide whether it’s actually going to come or go. It really is a bloody blast. My head must weight at least 60 lbs right now, I can’t breathe properly and I am roasting one minute and freezing the next. I am going to brew a nice cup of honey lemon tea though; that will help. 

As I am not really feeling up to a long post tonight, I thought I would make sure todays quote was a good one. It’s simple, but says a lot; and I think many of us can see ourselves in it.

I personally, can have some rather high days and some fairly low days. Some days I am so excited over something as simple as the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte coming back for the fall season, that I will literally jolt out of bed at 6:00am to leave early for work; just to start my day with one. The crazy thing is, I will thrive off that one small thing for the entire day. However, I also have days when I, for the life of me, cannot seem to remember my own little rule -Work on being a more optimistic and positive person- so I shuffle through the day with my heart on the edge of my sleeve letting every little thing bother me and get me down. That’s just how it goes sometimes.

Although, the way I see it, I’m a pretty lucky lady, who has many amazing friends and family that take me as I am and love me no matter what. As my mother would say, “Be your own person, Natasha.” and that I am. I’m just me, trying to figure out who I am supposed to be. Along the way I’ll have my ups and downs, but to know I am loved all the same, keeps me going. And, that my friends – is lovely.

There's a tiny latte in that mug.



Please note – I don’t want you to get the impression that I am only at my best when I am drinking a Starbucks Latte, because that’s not entirely true.



Going to try to sleep this shit off. F U cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment