Monday 12 September 2011

Monday, Monday…

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square hole. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."



Blogging is a lot of work. I mean, frig... it’s like a second job. It’s takes a surprisingly hefty part of my evening to sit down, empty my brain and stitch it all back up again in some orderly fashion.

I don’t know if this blog thing is working yet or not; I do feel great, with a sense of accomplishment after I get up from writing for an hour or so. It’s such an amazing way to release all that piles up on me during the day; even if my post has nothing to do with anything specific, trivial or exciting, it is still a great way to get my mind running and thinking about more stimulating things then work.

It’s so interesting the things we all keep tucked inside for no one else to know. Not that we’re hiding them or keeping them to ourselves, it’s just that maybe we never get the chance to talk about them, to explain ourselves and the way in which our brain works. We all function differently; we’re all affected by the same stimulus that surrounds us in a different way. Like how black licorice tastes just like black licorice but I love it and he hates it.

I guess I’m just considering that if I am going to blog at least 5 days a week for an entire year, well…that’s a good 260 posts, and I’m like… “260 posts about what?” I suppose I am a relatively interesting person, but really…am I going to be able to keep the posts coming? I don’t want to be too detailed about my day-to-day life; no names of family members or friends, no work talk, no over-the-top boring descriptions of how my Tuesday played out from breakfast to bedtime snack. I just want to be able to start writing and fill a page with something worth reading.

I just finished Tina Fey’s book Bossypants last night.  It was a good read. I’m not really one for watching TV, I didn’t grow up with Saturday Night Live and I have a hard time keeping up with who’s who in the world of famous people. I was aware, however, that Tina is one funny lady and although I am not usually into biographies, I thought I’d give it a read. I rated it as a 3 [I liked it] on http://www.goodreads.com/. I think what I got most out of the book was that “It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don’t like something, it is empirically not good. I don’t like Chinese food, but I don’t write articles trying to prove it doesn’t exist.” -Tina Fey. That’s not really all I took from it, but I do think the above is a brilliant quote worth noting. I liked the book because it was as if Tina was over having a glass of wine; just telling me her story; it was hilarious, it was heartwarming and intriguing.  She had a lot to say and she said it throughout different anecdotes -funny, sad or just plain bitchy stories.  I guess it made me realize that there are some celebrities out there that are still real people; or she’s the only one left. It was a good read and I would highly recommend it to both guys and gals.

Now, I’ve got to cut this short because ReadingBetweenTheWines [the book club my lady friends and I started a year ago this month] is this Thursday night and I am only on page 97 of 538. The book we are reading this month, The Lost Girls and The Wander Year, reminds me a bit of Eat, Pray, Love so I think it should be a good one. I shouldn’t have put it off for as long as I did though!!

Nighty Night!!

-And I said I was going to go to bed early tonight. Yeah, right!




Oh…and I forgot…..here's some candy for you. :) 
I stacked it up in a nice pile in the corner.
[ Just kidding, this picture was taken when we were at The Art Institute Of  Chicago.
It was random, but interesting -just like me. ]





1 comment: