Wednesday 7 September 2011

Fresh Air

Adopt the pace of nature:  her secret is patience. 
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


I am completely and utterly in love with the fresh crisp scent of these early fall mornings.  Stepping outside to go to work today felt just like one of those chilly summer mornings, when you wake up in a tent and breathe in your first breath of cool fresh air.  It’s so refreshing and so quickly sends a rush of blissful fall memories to the surface of my thoughts.

The past few days have been bittersweet because we are all coming to the realization that we need to let go of our summer and welcome this new season to come.  We need to remind ourselves how fresh and pleasant fall is, and we ought to start growing excited about all the traditions that fall brings:
·      Long walks that end with red noses and hot cups of tea
·      Apple picking
·      Baking all things Apple
·      Hanging up our Autumn wreaths
·      Digging out our pumpkin scented candles
·      Thanksgiving preparations and family gatherings
·      Choosing the perfect pumpkins and gourds
·      Pumpkin carving
·      Run for the Cure
·      Cute little monsters yelling “Trick or Treat”
·      The freshness of the air all day long
·       Putting the BBQ away and opening up the comfort food section of the cookbook
So, pack up the beach towels and tuck the suntan lotion in the back of the cupboard, because it’s time to get cozy!
I know it’s hard to let go of summer, but I can personally say that I had a really great couple of months and I am ready to snuggle in with my hunny.

This summer did go by relatively fast because of all the rain we had and it kind of seemed like when the sun finally came out it was over; but, that’s just how Mother Nature works. Maybe she was just teaching us a lesson:  To enjoy everyday -rain or shine- don’t wish them away or beg them to be better. 

My Mom came over for a yummy supper of roast chicken, spinach salad, sweet potatoes, fresh Rye Bread, plus- gorgeous red local strawberries dipped in balkan style yogurt and brown sugar for dessert.  My hubby headed out for a night of jamming and Mom and I decided to hit the walking trail after the dishes were all cleaned up. There was a little bit of rain sprinkling down on is, but it was just nice to be out walking and chitchatting with my Mom.

My parents made the move from the small town where I grew up to the big city last summer, and my Mom has been loving it ever since.  It’s really nice to be able to know that she’s only a quick 5-minute drive away, so if I need her she’s right there. It’s also nice to have my Dad available to fix things that need fixin in my house.  I couldn’t ask for more amazing and loving parents and I am so lucky that they chose to retire in the same city as I moved to.

Well….I am extremely overtired and need some hardcore R&R. Off to the bathtub to finish up Tina Fey’s book.

Tomorrow’s THONG THURSDAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment