Tuesday 6 September 2011

Start Something

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or he became me.”
~Cary Grant



So... 1000 copies of my Hubby’s CD, Start Something, arrived today! How exciting is that!!?
He called me on my lunch to say that he had just received them at work. Upon hearing this, I extended my lunch hour and drove there immediately to give him a HUGE kiss and pick up my very own copy. I am so proud and excited for him that I balled my eyes out the whole drive back to work. [Safety first, right? I could hardly see the road!]

I probably don't have to point this out to anyone, but, I'm kind of a huge a crier. Happy, sad, excited, stressed.... the tears will flow.

I have come to the conclusion that I get my tears from my Mom's side of the family. [We are all quite talented at tearing up at the drop of a hat] I can honestly say that I don't really mind; although, it can be embarrassing at times, I am totally ok with the way I am. I can't help but outwardly express my emotions in that way. It ‘s truly the funniest feeling to be the only one crying in a mass crowd of thousands of people, just because everyone is singing the national anthem together, or to be watching a theatrical performance that is so exceptional that I get overwhelmed with pure delight. I mean, really…. couldn’t I hold it in and cry once I got home? Nope, because that wouldn’t be like me!

Obviously I cry over sad stuff too. It’s just that in certain situations these types of tears can make me feel considerably guilty. I know deep down that it’s even harder for a sick person to see someone cry over them or for a person that’s going through something very personal to see you cry if only your tears are because you feel for them. By doing that, I’m actually making the other person feel responsible for my tears; which is just not fair. 

So this crying thing… it can be good and it can be not so good. But either way, it’s still of huge part of who I am.  Happy, sad, excited, stressed.... the tears will flow.


Oh, and my quote today is for my Mr. Wonderful.  He’s on the road to becoming that person; and I’m there walking right beside him; holding his hand and cheering him on.

Nighty Night!


Mom picked this for Shaun while we were out for  a walk. She kept telling me to slow down because she was scared walking too fast might blow all the little 'start somethings' away. She's great. 













No comments:

Post a Comment