Thursday 8 September 2011

"You are something special" -Well..Thanks!



You don't have to figure it out...living in the present is a good thing.
~Monique Kubeck

I was on Skype with one of my older sisters last night. During our chat, I mentioned to her that I had started a blog. When she asked why, I told her that she’d understand once she read it. About an hour later I received a text from her saying that I should check my email.

She wrote me one of the loveliest, most inspirational emails I have ever received.

She's the sister who lives in an entirely differently country, but who I've always gone to for advice. The one who I wrote about in elementary school when assigned to write a paper about role models; and chose her again when I had a similar paper to write in high school. Our drink of choice is Pinot Grigio, although she’s my older sister-we’re both the babies of the family, we have similar eye rolling facial expressions and she’s a crier, just like me.

The email was a very thought provoking, tear jerking kind of email. It was chalk full of advice, encouragement and new ideas –different, more positive ways of looking at what I want out of my life.  I am very open to trying different theories of thought; and I believe it is very true, that if you act as if it is happening it is more likely to happen. So, I’m going to give it a whirl.

In doing this, I am eager to learn how to be more appreciative of all the things I have now. Maybe I’ll recognize how important patience is and come to terms with myself as me right now. Who knows…




My hunny-Me-My sister



It's almost the weekend!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment