Thursday 1 September 2011

Here Goes










"The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life." -Jessica Hische

I guess today my Blog is going to be about how I want to accomplish my daily blog. I love quotes; so, I am going to have a Quote of the day [like the one above], certainly going to talk about the books that I am currently reading and also take from whatever might be happening in my day to day life that sparks some thought or discussion.

The quote above is what really sparked my decision to start this blog yesterday. I was reading one of my favorites blogs [http://ohsheglows.com/] and just started thinking; and once my little I need to do something with my life clock starts ticking it's quite difficult to get it so stop. I was nearly in tears thinking about all the things I say I'm going to do, things I say I should do, need to do and want to do, that I DON'T do. I made the decision then and there that I am going to stop procrastinating and start paying attention to my own aspirations. I love this quote because it's so true! How many of us spend most of our free time each day distracted with what we wish we were doing instead of what we are presently doing? All of us! [except those lucky ducks who have already discovered their perfect career -and kudos to them!] So, here's to being a little less of a procrastinator!

Regarding the happenings of my day to day life:
Yesterday was one of my coworkers birthdays; so of course I decorated the shit out of her desk. I mean, not even really pretty, just over the top, ridiculous birthday décor. She loved it! -For the first hour. She ended up only working a 1/2 day and when she left she took all her decorations down because she can only stand balloons for one day. That got me to thinking about how different everyone is when it comes to Birthdays. Some of us love them, some of us hate them, and some of us are just ok with them. How do you feel about birthdays?  Personally, I am ABSOLUTELY bat-shit-crazy about my birthday. I think it's such an important day for you to feel like the individual that you are, for you to remember that You are Unique. Even people who don't like to be the centre of attention should feel this way on their Birthday.  To be handed a cake topped with glowing candles and have everyone that loves you sing this silly song for You is such a special, cool thing. There is no other day of the year that I love more than my birthday! I wake up so early that morning just because it’s MY day, it's so much fun! The spotlight is on me! I think Birthday's are wonderful and we should just embrace the day, go with it and have fun, let people treat you, let people make you feel special; because, why Not? It's YOUR Birthday!!

Happy Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment